Friday, September 14

We work hard for the Money



"...So hard for it, Honey.
We work hard for the money,
so you better treat us right!"

So, my new job is a real God-send. The people are fun (crazy, but fun) and work seems more like keeping the family business going, rather than lining someone else's wallet. Have you ever felt that way? It's a yucky feeling, and not one sensed at Eagle Pointe.

Funny how God works it all out, even when there seems no end to the frustration and the dusty road ahead holds no promises.
Why do I forget that God is good?
The past few weeks have been so dynamic... it's the start of new things--in work, in marriage, in friendships, in general.
  • Matt & I signed-up for "10 Great Dates to Improve Your Marriage." Once a month, we meet with other couples for generalized discussion on how to make it better, then disperse for a date in which to implement discussed skills, etc. So far, we really like it... and get to discover the area to boot!
  • I started my new job and am working about 60 hrs/week. Hello, overtime! It is crazy now because of the events that the developer is hosting, but by Thanksgiving, the office will be very quiet, and my hours shouldn't be like this for too much longer. The BIG event is October 5-7, and then I'll just be keeping the closings smooth--like butta.
  • The crock pot creations are endless! Tonite's dish? Golabki ("little doves," the polish term for stuffed cabbage leaves.) Because I'm not heading home from work until 9pm. Next week? Bean soups galore! ANy ideas you want to share? The crock pot must be able to cook on low for 8 hours at least.

So, anyhew... plenty going on. I just wish I wasn't sitting on my butt for 12 hours a day. But I've brought an exercise ball (64 cm) to work as my chair. It's much better, and the puns are endless. You can only imagine:

  1. Alicia is "on the ball"
  2. "on top of things"
  3. keeping things rollin'

I miss you all. Please post a comment so I know you are all still with me in spirit.

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Hey "buns of steel"-
call me tomorrow if you can (Sat)
I'll be at Six Flag all day- Can't wait to fill you in on my evening.
Elis

Laura Siegrist said...

you didn't get enough comments to tell you people are thinking of you...but i am!!!! i enjoyed reading about your life. i'm glad you are in a job you like, although i bet you are exhausted! i haven't been too good with my crock pot, but i will try to look up some recipes for you. do you have any crockpot recipe books? how do you like your exercise ball? i've been thinking of getting one, but didn't know if it was worth it. can you tell a difference? oh, and what kind of tips have you been getting at the couples group? send some along if you've found any good ones! miss you, have a great weekend!