Saturday, September 15

Today's thoughts--at random


Yay! I don't care how pathetic it is, but we women will always love to be "taken out." Perhaps it goes all the way back to our hedonistic roots when women were both gods and rulers. (Please laugh--I'm only kidding) Seriously; any reason to fluff our feathers and feel important is a boost to our self esteem.
So, I had the idea to go out to the local cafe for breakfast. After a week like this one, it was a pleasure to set out for breakfast with sunny, 70 degree weather. We enjoyed breakfast sandwiches, cappucino (the real kind), and a cinnamon roll--yum! And there's a local wine festival today that I fully intend to indulge in.

This morning when I woke up, I decided to take the first steps in loosing the 15 lbs that have recently settled in my boobs and middle. But my WORD!!! My boobs have never looked so big, and that's kinda nice. If only I could have the best of both worlds. Matt says he's going to buy me a durndle (one of those german jumpers that women wear with 1/2 their breasts on display). I'll see if I can find a good example of one on-line for you. Up, here's one! http://www.willisms.com/archives/dirndl.gif Hee hee hee.

So, here's the plan: 1-2-3-4

1) ONE desert-like dish per day (or 7 each week, cause I may want to splurge on weekends)

2) TWO servings of starch/bread per day. Cereal counts as one, if it's All Bran.

3) THREE sessions of exercise per week. At least 30 mins each.

4) FOUR new items of clothing (fancy shoes are my ultimate goal) when I've lost the weight.
  • 5 lbs= new shirt,

  • 10 lbs= new fancy pants,

  • 15= new shoes + a cashmere sweater for holiday time

5 comments:

y2krust said...

It's official. Your blog is by far the most interesting of all the blogs that I check on a weekly basis. Who blogs about the size of her boobs? You're a piece of work! Don't change a thing. Outside of youth ministry and TV shows on DVD, your blog is the only entertainment I'm gettin' right now! (sad)

Elisabeth said...

I just love you...
Elis-
"the blog's intended"

Jeremy Kemmerer said...

Hey, Alicia! I'm glad things are going well. Have you ever though about South Beach? It's not too bad...you cut out anything with white flour or potatoes, and stay away from sugar (use Splenda)whenever possible. I cheat all the time when I go out, but I try to be good at home. I've lost 12 pounds since January...

Anonymous said...

Alicia~
Thanks for checking my blog! About Anne Hathaway playing Jane Austen, yeah it's a bit of a stretch. It's worth watching though b/c for the most part, James MacAvoy (sp?) does a great job. Anne does OK too. So it's worth a watch!

We are only about 40 miles (45 minutes) from San Clemente (according to Google Maps). When are you guys coming out? That would be fun to hook up and have dinner somewhere in the middle or at our place even. Let us know!

Laura Siegrist said...

ooohhh...i like the sound of that 1234 plan. i may have to implement it myself. this baby weight is NOT coming off by itself! oh, and a good note, big boobs come back when your pregnant and get even bigger when you're nursing. i still can't get over how much bigger i am! i got your letter the other week. i have been meaning to write you a nice note back and just keep forgetting. i'm a terrible friend! someday i will, i promise! it was SO nice to hear from you and see your pictures. i loved it. anyway, dave and i both put up posts the other day with lots of pictures, so check them out! keep us updated on your weight loss. maybe you'll be my inspiration!