Saturday evening was spent around the campfire with Matt's family. I was sticking with the 1-2-3 plan pretty well, considdering we had guests and I'm still working late.
After my tasty sandwich (yes, I was still in the plan), I enjoyed a few handfulls of chips... and 7 layer dip (not in the plan). then came the kids and their smores. So I had two of those. Yummm... I called it quits. I had been bad, but those had been my only smores all summer!
Then (oh, yes) they announced that dessert was available. Say what?! So I tasted the autumn crisp. Bad idea, Alicia! After 2 full scoops of that, I went in to wash my hands. There was my dear NH friend, Veronica, enjoying a slice of chocolate-pumpkin cake. What the heck, right? So the morning after I was feeling guilty. Don't you just hate guilt.
Getting on the scale I felt decent about the progress I had made-- just one major binge in the past two weeks. And wouldn't you know it-- 4 lbs heavier. I was mad. I was mad at myself and at the (formerly-cool) orange wrap skirt that now made me look like a pumpkin. So I tried a new, relaxed look. 10 minutes later I was crying and looking for consolation in Matt's lap. (FYI: he hates it when I cry, and even more when he gets wet with my tears.. it's the ultimate turn-OFF). So after a 45 minute dressing/crying session, I was ready to go to church.
Then the cruelty--after church, we went thru Burger King's drive through. They forgot to give me a fork, so I stopped in to KFC for some utensils. KFC only has one utensil: the spork. Ever eat salad with a spork? It was a first for me. Speaking of firsts...
WIDOW SPIDERS HAVE A VENOMOUS BITE
And we saw one hanging out in the home office above the computer area last night. So how do you kill one of those?! It was above the desk (and all the pc wires) along the ceiling. I wanted to vacuum the thing up, but Matt was determined to do it another way. I've got it on video... too funny. So after we moved it from the ceiling to the floor, smashed it, and disposed of the body, we checked the house for any more creepy things.
What are the odds? We found a dead (non-venomous) spider between the sheets. Eeewww... so we slept with the sheets very tight around us last night. We are still unsure about what to do next. I hate to use a pesticide around the house, but they seem to be moving in. As long as snakes stay away... (shudder)
3 comments:
Wow, widows on the East Coast. I saw them all the time growing up in LA. The don't enjoy Hydrogen Peroxide, open flames, or the Avada Kedavra spell. I would try one of those next time if you find one. It's good to see you are doing well for the most part. As far as the diet goes, remember that someday you will get a new body to replace this one, so enjoy this one while you can :-) Please pass the marshmallows...
Alicia, tell Matt to enjoy the opportunity of holding you while you cry - even if it for an insignificant reason like 4 lbs. I'd give anything (okay, not anything) for the privilege of holding "someone."
ISH. i have loads and loads of blogs about spiders...i even moved OUT of my room for weeks because a HUGE one had taken over...they're after me...i hope they're not after you guys, too!! my deepest sympathies....
Post a Comment