Thursday, August 9

Where did I leave off?

Dear Friends,
Well, we are settled-in, enjoying the house and all the quirks that Virginia has to offer. Lots has happened recently, so I'll be as "to-the-point" as possible.

1st day in the house: August 1 (I think) As soon as we moved the stuff in, we put 2 window AC units. We're using ceiling fans to move the cooling affect around the house, and the basement is a naturally cooler place also. Here's some pics of the house.

We found it comical to hear the words "cold front" and "85 degrees" in the same sentence. (Yes... the local weather man actually said that.) We would love some 85 degree weather! This evening we retreated to the bedroom, shut the door and turned the ceiling fan on high!! The temperature is starting to feel somewhat "normal" and yet it is still 80 degrees in here! Tomorrow is supposed to be the hottest one this week. The thermometer on the back of the house registered 127 today. (That's because of the brick and direct sun.) It just hits you like a steaming towel when you step outside.

You can visit our photo album to see some of the pics of our new place. (see Picasa link in the list at right)

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

The photo link doesn't bring me to your pictures- and I am sad.
Call me!
We need to talk ASAP!
Love you
Elis

Ashley Wittmer Photography said...

alicia--i hear ya! my poor doggy wogs are all worn out from it and they NEED a walk!

i miss you. thanks for your letter. it made my day. i'll write you soon. xoxo

Matt and Alicia DeWever said...

Okay, I've tried to fix the Picasa link. Hope it works for future visitors.