Hmmm, I hear them throughout the day. Thankfully, the toy dept is across the store... I rarely witness a tantrum over fresh fruits or veggies. Wouldn't this world be different if more children made a fuss for the sake of organic peaches? LOL
Well, this weekend I will get a break from the local Superstore to go home for a wedding. My dear high school buddy is getting married and I will be a bridesmaid. Then my mom will accompany me back to Virginia for a five day visit.
I am very excited to visit old friends and be a part of Stephanie & Shiloh's wedding. Together, they are: Stephaloh. I'll be helping to decorate the cupcake cake stand and cakes... which should be a bunch of fun. My mom is also taking me to the salon for a haircut and pedicure. I think my last hair cut was in March and the summer has been brutal on my feet. We'll be traveling by train, which always makes me feel like Rosemary Clooney in White Christmas, or something. Hopefully, it won't involve an unruly toddler or teething babe.
Tonight, Matt & I attended a home Bible study with a few young families. In the room with us were two youngsters in the beginning stages of walking. Within one hour, there must have been 20 falls, 30 crying spells, countless handprints made on th glass door and one broken coffee mug. It was almost facinating. Like, "Wow, that kid's gonna fall AGAIN?!" or "Hmmm, you'd think after she fell 10 times that she would stop crying or stop trying." Sort of like a British comedy, in that sad ironic sense. It made me think this thought, which I will leave you with:
"A girl has hit menses--does that mean she's ready for sex?
A woman is married--does this mean she's ready for children?"
Just for the record, I do not attempt to declare that I shall stay childless for a lifetime...
just for as long as possible (wink, wink)!
A woman is married--does this mean she's ready for children?"
Just for the record, I do not attempt to declare that I shall stay childless for a lifetime...
just for as long as possible (wink, wink)!
1 comment:
Thanks for being home this weekend.... isn't God so good? It was a comfort to many.
I'm already missing you....
Elis
Post a Comment