Sunday, April 29

Time to Face the Strange Changes

Matt & I have been offered a fabulous opportunity in central Virginia... and recently visited the area to see if it would work for us. We had a great time, and even made time to visit college amigo, Jason Berrus, in Washington D.C. on the way back home. Check out our photos, and read on below for details about our upcoming plans!
Alicia breaks with Susanne, Abigail & Leona Germeroth
The local kids had a lot of one-on-one time

Matt's cousin owns River Valley Resources, a farm supply store in Alta Vista, Virginia, just 20 minutes from Liberty University. He's recently decided that he needs more time to commit to his family of six, the family farm, his rental properties, etc... and offered Matt the job of managing the store. This is a cool chance for Matt to use his skill in retail and management. It is also an answer to prayer regarding where God would take us next. The decision to move is not too difficult, either.

Matt has significant family in the VA area, the church scene is awesome (REALLY awesome), and living is so cheap (REALLY cheap). There are a lot of placement homes in the area too, which will give me a lot of opportunities to continue my "career." As long as I can find a job with significant benefits, we'll be all set.

So, yeah, we're moving! June 15th is our final days at work in New Hampshire, and then we're putting our stuff into storage until the end of Summer. We'll be living in Matt's grandparents' winter home until September/October, and then have another rent-free opportunity open after that.

I hate that this is being posted before I talk to many of you, but God has been taking us into fast-forward mode, giving us LOTS of chances to trust Him in all things. We will try to keep you all up-to-date over the next 6 weeks... this is just so exciting!!

FYI: We are not going through with the land purchase, because there was a huge weird factor in the easement deed that could have cost us an additional $5,000 without warning. Yikes!

3 comments:

kiltsandthistles said...

Hola Alicia!! You'll have to give me a call sometime when your in the area again. I also live in DC! I am excited to read about your amazing opportunities! JoyAnna

y2krust said...

REALLY excited for you guys!!!!!! Call me when you get a chance, if I don't call you first. Love you both a ton!

Jeremy Kemmerer said...

Hey friends! How far will you actually be from D.C.? My parents are about 20 mi outside of the city. It'd be great to get together sometime after you've moved there and I'm visiting...