I'm taking some time this morning to be still.
There's so much going on in my head-- if I don't slow down to be with God, I'll work myself crazy, lonely & deaf to the Holy Spirit's leading. Just sitting down to reflect on His goodness is refreshing.
There are so many testaments to His unfailing love & protection, to name a few...
- Laura & Dave's new-born daughter is finally home! And what a beautiful baby Arianna is!!
- And work isn't giving me fits of anxiety anymore (unless I let go of faith and cling to imaginary thinking). We've got a long way to go, but NESCT is slowly getting organized again.
- Matt & I had a really solid 4 day weekend. We tiled his parents' bathroom, had a lot of good talks, and committed ourself to several new goals. More dinners at the table (instead of on the couch in front of TV) and a renewed financial mindset. Pinch every penny twice! Embrace Ramen!
This moment of quiet is good. God reminds me that life isn't as complicated as we make it out to be. His foreknowledge makes my planning, list making, and schedules obsolete. His grace dwarfs the pettiness of each daily frustration. His Word erases my doubt and replaces it with faith. Joyce Meyers says,"Do it afraid."
So I leave this quiet place on the couch, mindful that Christ lives for me, in me, and through me. He delights in my praises and in my tears of submission. He delights in me when I avoid sarcasm and social digs. When colleagues get pithy and I want to join them, Christ will be there.
In two days I'll be a house parent again, for a week straight. You can pray that this His Spirit of calm will dominate my heart's attitude. Because when the boys at Mountain House need a friend and a mom, Christ will be there.
So I leave this quiet place on the couch, mindful that Christ lives for me, in me, and through me. He delights in my praises and in my tears of submission. He delights in me when I avoid sarcasm and social digs. When colleagues get pithy and I want to join them, Christ will be there.
In two days I'll be a house parent again, for a week straight. You can pray that this His Spirit of calm will dominate my heart's attitude. Because when the boys at Mountain House need a friend and a mom, Christ will be there.
1 comment:
Glad to see you're posting again. How did the week go? News on the land?
I'm on vacation- things are up in the air right now- I may be heading to Norfold tomorrow for my aunt's funeral on Tuesday. See blog for details.
Missing you
Elis
Post a Comment