It's so crazy!
I've never really wanted to call God a "go getter,"
but it seems too accurate these days.
So we decide to move. We've visited the area, prayed about it, and have a perfect peace about the whole thing. His grandparents offered to let us stay the summer in their home (in the same town as the store) and then we were going to move into a duplex with remodeling work in exchange for rent.
Wow... Chris called us Friday night with more news: a house! Chris was going to buy & flip it, but now wants to sell it to us instead--at cost. It's a foreclosure in really good shape and only 1.5 miles from the store where Matt will be working (he just might actually WALK to work) and a gem at $70,000. A little over 1,000 Sq Ft on a dead-end road, with homes on only one side, overlooking the valley below. Three bedrooms (one's an office at 9x9), one full bath, a full walk-out basement, and less than an acre to deal with (yay). As with most homes of it's time, it's most beautiful interior design element is wood paneling (eeewww), but there are hard floors throughout.
As of this point, we'll be using the basement for storage and repainting, etc while we live at the Chute's second home for the summer. We'll be buying one appliance per month for a bit, too. And while I hoped to avoid the job market for a bit, the mortgage payments require me to be employed full-time (hopefully with benefits too).
So big things are happening. I sprained my ankle two days ago when I fell down the stairs at Mountain House. I'll be off from work Thurs-Sun, with the Pemi concerts this weekend. Then we'll have about a month before the official move takes place. Our last days at work coincide with the last day of school (June 15), and we hope to stop-over in CT en route to VA. We'll be busier than ever, especially with Luke's visit and Steph's wedding. And I need a job. So I just tell God to "do His thing" whenever I seem overwhelmed.
8 comments:
wow! what can i say? you really seem so happy and excited and confident that this is the right thing! don't you love when you just know it's the right choice? i'm thrilled for you! talk about major life change though, i can't imagine what it will be like. i'm excited to hear how the transition will be. how is your mom handleing this? i'm sorry about your ankle! not fun! are you able to get some extra rest though? i hope you take advantage of that and don't worry about everything you can't do while you're healing! take it easy. you don't want to make it worse. have matt rent some movies and take some time for yourself. you might need it to gear up for all this. miss you!
sounds like you're in the midst of life and loving it. i'm so glad to hear about all the recent changes. i know it's not always easy embracing those things...but i know you, Alicia, and you've always been good at letting God "do His thing." i'll be praying specifically that the transition is smooth and that throgh it your marriage and faith are STRENGTHENED. :) and that you find a good-paying job with enjoyable co-workers and unbelievable benefits.
flipping houses? i love watching those shows on TV and have decided that if i didn't marry Joe and had lots of money, i would do that for a living!! what an adventure!
I'm really happy for you guys. I hope it's everything you're dreaming it to be and Alicia, I'll be praying about a job for you. Love you both so much. Thanks for the picture of Matt & Jason. :-)
You got it already?! Wow, that's awesomely fast! Moving UPDATE: Yesterday I weeded through the pantry. Today I am packing up the kitchen. Tomorrow, maybe the closet will be purged... any advice on moving? We've raided the produce section of local groceries for the fruit boxes-- they're really nice.
Wow! That house would cost probably $500K out here in SoCal! I hate the housing costs here! Congrats!
Yeah - a ford focus - 2005 - low mileage, and free oil changes for life...horray.
yes!!!! us cappacinos need to stick together! hey, we should talk on the phone soon. maybe i'll call you this weekend...
HEY YOU!!!
i saw on dave's blog that you're "blowing chunks." are you trying to tell us somethign??? please don't let me find this out on someone elses blog!!!!
Post a Comment