Saturday, December 30

Year End Remarks

Appologies are useless if not followed by action. So I'm sorry for not keeping you all up-to-date on the DeWevers; here's the last three months in review.

The Bathroom Do-Over

You might well remember our Carribbean themed bathroom, but it is gone now. Currently we are in a holding pattern until time allows for us to put tile down and finish with the smaller details. Our tub started to crack (because of poor bracing below) and water was leaking down into the kitchen. Not good. In the process of choosing a new tub, we were persuaded to repaint and install ceramic tile, rather than linoleum stick-downs. Well, you can imagine how much more really needed attention. Now the whole bathroom has been reinsulated, replumbed, repainted, and the floor awaits.
The new bathroom will look very bland and woodsy, for selling appeal.


November 2006 was a blur
.

The cats (Mojo & Kona) were neutered and spayed, the Jetta got new tires, and the bathroom turned into a demolition site. We went out to eat more often, because work seemed relentless and time together came so rarely. A welcome diversion was the wedding of my girlhood best friend, Nina. It was a beautiful wedding and a great chance to catch-up with high school pals.


December 2006
Matt & I attempted to simplify Christmas by making it a 12 gift limit between the two of us. We reinstated The Twelve Days of Christmas, thereby lengthening the holiday and making it less overwhelming. I really wanted to set a limit on the holiday spending, and we had a great time creating new memories. Besides the 12 Days of Christmas, here are a few:
  • Spending Christmas Eve & Christmas morning with the kids at NESCT (Our first experience setting out gifts "for the kids")
  • Meeting our new nephew, Gunnar, for the first time: six months old and sooo cool
  • New Year's Eve with the kids at NESCT. (Again, Matt & I were together) We spent New Year's Day playing Monopoly. Thank God for Matt... it was the Here and Now version.
I could show you all kinds of pictures,
but I'm doing well to just get the details out there. Sorry.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

Ahh an update....what a great belated Christmas present!
Love the news.... miss you!