Sunday, January 7

New Wheels

The 16 mile loop up Stinson Mountain has been taking its toll on our little Jetta. The rough terrain and winter conditions demand a vehicle with 4x4 capability. We have decided to exchange Matt's '97 Toyota Camry for a 2002 Ford Explorer (2 door sport). The price is right and the monthly payments won't hinder us from paying off school loans by June. If all goes as planned, we'll pick up the Ford Tuesday night after work.
I can't believe I'll be the owner of an SUV. How humbling.
But the fuel economy is better than I estimated. And my eco-sensitivity will be pacified because the Jetta will still be the travel car.

5 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Congrats new SUV owner. It will be like the good 'ole Bronco days.
Just don't run it into any stone walls! Love you

Jeremy Kemmerer said...

Hello DeWevers~

Thanks for the Christmas card. It is always good to hear from you. It's good to get your update on your blog as well. I suppose it's my turn since I haven't updated since Thanksgiving. =)

By the way...is there a good story to the above hint about stone walls? That seems like it might be funny...

Matt and Alicia DeWever said...

I honestly am a little hazy in regards to those Bronco days. But one snowy morning, when Plainfield High had a 2 hour delay, I missed the bus. En route to school in my trusty Bronco II, I hit a patch of ice and ran right into the neighbor's cow barrier, a stone wall reinforced with barbed wire. I was my first real scare behind the wheel. I guess I might have told a few close friends... Ah, the drama of high school.

Matt and Alicia DeWever said...

Another note about the new car, Matt REALLY likes to drive it. Which surprises him, because he has always been a fan of small foreign cars. And I must admit: It's nice to not get headlights shone in your face everytime a bigger car passes in the other lane.

ashley said...

wow. congrats. we're hoping for an SUV this summer...after we pay off a few more bills. you know how that all goes.

oh and by the way, glad to see you posting again!!