Sunday, August 13

In My Spare Time


An excellent option for escape literature... I've seen the movie, and am nearly through the book. The movie doesn't follow the book too closely, so I've enjoyed the contrast. Both are fantastic stories, but I must admit to the status quo: the book is better than the film. Truth is always better than fiction. And I haven't read a book this delicious in quite some time. FYI: The movie is a little iffy, probably not a good choice for family viewing. Anyone have a suggestion for my next choice?

6 comments:

Jeremy Kemmerer said...

Hey Alicia--
My goal is to try to read two books that were both made into Broadway musicals: RAGTIME and THE LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA. If the books end up being anything like the shows, they'll be great stories...

ashley said...

oh man. i loved the movie. i thought it was excellent. but maybe i'm a heathen.

oh, i'm reading Pillars of the Earth this summer--a ficticious history of the building of the cathedrals. it's pretty good.

more soon...

David said...

I just read a Bernstien Bears book last night. It was short, I loved the pictures, and the climax of the story line was....well it was predictable mostly from the cover of the book. However Richard Scarey books are a great read.

David said...

Honestly I have been trying to make it through THE ROBE by Lloyd C. Douglas
A Roman soldier, Marcellus, wins Christ's robe as a gambling prize. He then sets forth on a quest to find the truth about the Nazarene's robe-a quest that reaches to the very roots and heart of Christianity and is set against the vividly limned background of acient Rome...a timeless story of adventure, faith, and romance, a tale of spritual longling and ultimate redemption.
Alright I typed to description off the back of the book, but I have read half way through it a while back and lost the book. I was quite mad. I have found it again and am starting to read it once more. It is a great read.

Matt and Alicia DeWever said...

dave: You're too funny! Hey, I tried leaving you a whole bunch of mortgage & real estate tips on your blog about a week ago, what gives? I have to be invited?! But if you still want the tips, I can e-mail laura, I think. Otherwise, I'll let God take care of you... sometimes that works out better anyway. Take care of the fam :)

Laura Siegrist said...

hey this is laura. we had problems with the settings on his comments, but i fixed them last week, so try again. sorry! we'll look forward to reading them.