Many of you know that our first year of marriage was spent in a duplex situation with Matt's parents. It is a wonderfully large house, and so to share it was not a big deal. Our side had 2 bedrooms, a full bath, kitchen and living/dining room. We also had access to the attic, where a lot of our "stuff" still sits today. It was a wonderful first year for us. Last summer we fledged from the nest into a little basement apartment while Matt worked out his Real Estate estate training. After 9 months of living with 6' ceilings (I'm 5', 8" and Matt is 6') we moved into another unit in the same apartment complex. Now that our yr-lease is up, we are moving again!
John & Priscilla (Matt's parents) are deciding the big house a big burden, and have asked us if we'd like to move back! We would help with property maintenance & utilities (as we did before). Priscilla & I will now have shared use of the kitchen, but with separate pantries. This is going to be a great time for us!
We have begun to investigate into new jobs within 10 miles of the house, and it looks as though we've hit gold!
We will begin moving things gradually, but there is plenty of time for that. Our lease expires July 15th. We look forward to this, our 3rd move in a year, because it really exposes our need for less. And less, as they say, is MORE.
There are new job possibilities on the horizon too... I'll keep you all up-to-date.
5 comments:
wow! you guys are busy!! you just moved! although it sounds like this is a great situation for you. i like the kissing by the bikes pic...cute! you'll just have to send new pictures of you next move when you're all settled. miss you!
Binky says "Happy Birthday".... or at least I think that's what he said. It could have been, "I wish my mouth actually opened"- I'm not sure.
Love You-
The "It's not my birthday" girl.
less IS more. amen. i love throwing things away, downsizing, and the simplicity that comes to life when there's less stuff to worry about.
when IS your birthday?!?! (i'm a great friend aren't i)
I need me a new post....
PS- If you haven't checked out Rebecca's blog...you really should. She has the gift for writing and it's crazy funny.
Post a Comment