Tuesday, February 28

The Troublesome Tiramisu

I have great friends, great friends with similar palettes.

A week ago, a co-worker (thankyou, Diane) gave me a bunch of her excess ingredients needed to make the esteemed Italian dessert, Tiramisu. A coveted fav of mine and a rare treat, I waited until I could do the recipee justice and serve it up right.

Saturday was my day. I made it according to Maryanne Esposito's Ciao Italia recipee and brought the booty for our church fellowship time.
Note: I used real Kahlua, as I had it on hand.
Our fellowshipers at church took about 1/2 the Tiramisu off my hands, but Matt doesn't eat it, and neither would my co-workers at the office (Diane was now on vacation). So I brought a container to the gym for the girls and left a little for me in the fridge. This morning I was hungry, and toast & eggs wasn't gonna do, so I was a bad girl and ate my share of Tiramisu for breakfast... what a start to your day, right?

Until I got to work. My eyes just wouldn't open, they were dry & scratchy. I avoided my inbox, and kind-of loafed around, working on a flyer for one of the agents. Then I realised what was going on... and had a good hard laugh. I should not consume liquor-soaked ladyfingers at 8am (especially before work!) Oh man... too funny.

4 comments:

Elisabeth said...

My inebriated friend... you never cease to amaze me or provide a well needed chuckle! I love your honesty and ability to laugh at yourself. Love- Elis

Matt and Alicia DeWever said...

Thanks girl... after relaying the story to you, i realised what great stuff it was. I'm meeting with kiki friday at 2.

ashley said...

that's hilarious.

have to admit i woulda done the same thing!

you outta try irish coffee for breakfast!

dreamer said...

lush :)