Friday, February 24

Our 2nd "Valentersary"

For those of you who don't know, our wedding anniversary is February 14th (married 2004), so every Valentines Day is extra special for us (and extra expensive).

Our first anniversay didn't go so well. Matt injured his back that same week, and it caught up to him on our very special day. He couldn't stand up straight, nor could he sit up comfortably... so dinner out wasn't an option. We finally got him into the chiropractor mid-afternoon, which helped--but husband was still miserably out-of-sorts. I made dinner, which he wouldn't eat (it wasn't that great, though). So I cried over our 1st anniv. dinner, thankfully, though, the resurrected cake was soooo good.
Needless to say, I didn't want to hope for much this year, but it was absolutely classic.
We arrived at my favorite little Austrian Bistro to discover that someone has already been there. There was a gorgeous vase of roses on the table, with a wrapped gift & a magnum of iced champagne. What a delight! Breakfast had already been a time of card & gift exchanging. We had a delicious meal and an excellent night all around. He is my funny Valentine.

2 comments:

Laura Siegrist said...

that sounds so wonderful!! glad you guys had fun...what is austrian food like? my brother is actually in austria right now, he's been there since before christmas! he loves the country and has managed to find a girl that likes him too! her name is zita (pronounced tsi-ta)

Anonymous said...

I recognize those flowers. Where did the pic come from.I wan't there for either anniversary, but I was the brides mom, so I was there on 2/14/04, tears and all. Beautiful day, beautiful friends, beautiful couple--they are special! mary