Monday, May 28

A DeWever Update: 18 days


It's been a whirl wind weekend. Right now I'm surrounded by boxes, computer parts, a Victrola's records (that smell so awesome), and feeling overwhelmed-again.

A week ago we bought the fridge, yesterday we bought a stove, selected stuff for the kitchen and washed the car. It doesn't seem like a lot, but two hours in Home Depot and another 2 in Lowes was almost my undoing!! And I get a knot in my stomach whenever I spend big money, like the price of a frig or stove. Argh...

18 days until work is done and we pack the truck to head south. Many plans have been made, changed, canceled, and rescheduled. Chaos seems the default, and I'm slightly uptight-- and reminded of the Exodus. The Jews wanting to flee Egypt, and then once reality hit they complained and wanted the old life back. Aren't we fickle?

I'm going to apply for a barista position at Starbucks, keeping my eyes open to the career job market, but honestly... Strabucks is looking pretty good right now :) Excellent benefits, coffee...

Through it all, John & Priscilla have been angels... no, saints!! They will go down to VA with us, stay for a week of renovation/kitchen installation and be a general labor team. Matt will begin work at the store ASAP and I'll be filing resumes all over creation. We've got about 1/2 of our stuff packed, the rest is clothing, entertainment, and bulk furniture. I'm just so glad it's summer and I can open the door and get fresh air whenever I need it. God is in the breezes here.

2 comments:

ashley said...

sounds like you're hanging in there. i've been thinking about you and matt a lot lately and joe and i are hopeful to get out there (maybe in the beginning of september??) during one of our 2 vacation weeks this year. i'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the little things (fresh air). keep looking for those moments, friend. i'll be praying for you. xoxo

Elisabeth said...

Where are you?
I'm so confused! I leave for CA next Tuesday- call me.