Wednesday, May 3

Choices, choices




What's up with the DeWevers lately?
Well... a little bit of everything. Matt is done with Real Estate and I've been at my current possition for 2 years. While Matt isn't exactly sure what his next job will be, I'm looking into jobs that are directly related to social services. And New Hampshire isn't our Mecca. We've hit a crossroads and are investigating a lot of different paths. Future DeWevers have been put on hold, so as to make our decisions a lot simpler.
ROAD #1: Teach overseas for a year, put all $ toward debt.
ROAD #2: Borrow money from my parents and buy a 2 Bedroom in CT.
ROAD #3: Go back to school (somewhere TBD)
ROAD #4: Stay in NH for another year and pay off the car, school, etc...
ROAD #5: Play it all by ear, planning only as far as September.

Or any combo of the above.

Last weekend we visited my home area, which is alot like central NH. We spent Saturday morning looking at a variety of homes there, to give us an idea of what the market was like. We saw a lot of really great homes, but I don't think we're ready for that yet. We also talked to a friend who taught in Singapore/Taiwan for a few years, getting her perspective and a real sense of options in that schema.

As we drove home, we talked about all the paths before us, and decided that we should stay in NH for another year (ROAD #4) but keep ROAD #5 in mind, in case ROAD #1 becomes a viable choice. hee hee hee

So I'll be at Old Mill Properties until Summer's end, but hope to be working in an all-girl rehab house by September. Matt's looking for any good paying job at the moment, hoping that he'll be able to go full-time sooner or later. (Look for my next blog, Having Hubby at Home) There are some job prospects on the horizon, but only God knows... and we're cool with that.

2 comments:

Laura Siegrist said...

wow, what a tough choice! but it sounds like you made a wise decision. dave and i totally understand that feeling of, "we could do anything, go anywhere right now, but what's the best choice?" of course, we'd be thrilled if NEPA became your next move, but then again, there's no guarantee we'll be around forever! miss you alicia!

Elisabeth said...

I guess I will return the "It's hard to be humble when you're from Plainfield" t-shirts. Maybe I can get some "Welcome to New Hampshire...now go home!" ones.
And anyways- no matter where you go, I'll always find a way to visit- that's just how it is. Love you both and I'm excited to see all that God is doing in you.