Friday, March 24

We Need a Vacation


Within a week our life speed trippled!
As of tomorrow, The Horkey/DeWever family will be away for a nice 8 day cruise to the Western Carribean... boy, have we earned this one!

5 days after our moving party, our new apartment (pictures to be posted later) is 100% settled, arranged, and 80% decorated. We've just got to finish painting the kitchen and hang some stuff.

True, we only moved up a floor in our little complex, but it's a world better (actually above ground, with windows and a full bath.) Yes, I actually took a bath last night--the first in 8 months since our move to Ashland. Ahhh... We love this little town.

But we're ready to take a break. Matt's taking a few steps back from real estate (probably for a long time) and will be closing up a few transactions by May. When those are done, he'll just be a normal workin' man... no big career goals just yet. I've been offered an assistant manager position at the gym I work at (only part-time now) but no decisions need to be made for a few months. Thankfully, the taxes are submitted. Cars registered and inspected for another year. Matt has provided a market analysis for a few would-be home-sellers. I've trained my sub for the real estate office. Phone service changed (Our number stays the same) and internet service too. Credit cards and bank cards notified of our brief time away. Eeek! Throw in a move, and it's only God that kept us sane.

The most exciting part is that I'll get to see my brother & sister-in-law, who are 5 months along in their first pregnancy... it's a boy! See you in a week!

3 comments:

Laura Siegrist said...

have a great time girl! you need a break. i'll look forward to pictures of your new place.

ashley said...

i am so insanely jealous and have been working overtime to keep up with all the slack of my co-workers who are all in mexico and florida ::urg:: i have to admit i cursed last week when i woke up to 3 inches of snow. I NEED A VACATION TOO!!!

i miss you laverne. i sent you a card this week...but it sounds like it'll be a while till you get it. i hope you have a WONDERFUL time on your cruise. i can just see you and matt chillin' in the sun, pina coladas in hand. ::urg...back to work::

Matt and Alicia DeWever said...

Well, we're back
life is almost back to normal
I'll tell you all about it and share the fabulous pics from the week ASAP