Monday, January 30

Chinese New Year Date


It's taken a while for me to make regular use of this blog... my friends are putting me to shame!
The last Saturday of January was a warm & Balmy 45 degrees, so Matt & I escaped the little apartment for a date night. Having a full work week makes the weekends feel so open and fun! We went to a new Chinese/Japanese restaurant and it was packed! The food was delish, of course, but I am ashamed to say I couldn't understand our waitress. Was she saying "oranges" or "orange juice?" I know that everything I ate was "Japanese Specialty," but sure wish I understood the answers to my questions. It wasn't until the next morning, getting into Google, did we realise it had been the big night for the Chinese New Year. We had a great time, eating wonderful Ginger-flavored foods, then stopping for coffee and perusing the isles of Lowes. It was so nice to be out together, just chatting.

1 comment:

dreamer said...

nasty sushi sal